Hi, I am Timo. I was told a blog needs an „about me“ section in which I go on and on about how awesome I am. Or tell people something about me, my life and what I actually do. Something like this. So, let us give this a shot.
Let me start with some professional facts in random order:
- I have been working in software engineering for nearly 20 years
- In my early years I wrote desktop applications, moved to the web, transitioned to mobile and in recent years I have been focusing on security
- My three specialties I am focusing on when working: user experience, scalability and security
- I shipped production ready code in 11 languages on four continents on five different architectures
- Domains I worked in include supply chain, finance, sharing economy, e-commerce and health – both business to business and business to customer
- I worked on services handling 100k events per second when the C10k problem was still a thing
- One of the iOS apps I contributed to was featured in the AppStore
- The largest team I built and lead consisted of 12 engineers, plus one product manager and a designer
Beside my full time job at Nurx, I speak, blog, hack on side projects and sometimes consult. Once I helped organise DjangoCon Europe and before I knew it was nominated as individual member of the Django Software Foundation.
Shockingly there is also a private me – accompanied by my wife, dog and the two cats I have to put up with (because for some reason my wife loves those little, sociopathic killing machines). These days I spend a lot of time in a gym or playing video games.
If you want to reach out to me feel free to send me an email. Since people told me they were not sure if it is okay to reach out for certain things, let me try to compile a list of things I am happy to talk about:
- articles I wrote – if you think I am wrong or got any questions
- speaking engagements
- consulting or training in one of the areas I mentioned above
Well – basically everything else is also okay… 🙂
The Internet is a big – and scary – place, so I’ll link a few of my accounts that might be interesting: